Some of the effective natural treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome include the use of fenugreek, salmon, flaxseed, spearmint tea, cinnamon, licorice, broccoli, apple cider vinegar, and spinach.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(PCOS) occurs only in women when a woman’s hormones are out of balance. Most women with PCOS grow many small cysts on their ovaries.
Some of the most common symptoms are
- Weight gain or trouble in losing weight
- Atypical growth of facial and body hair
- Thinning of hair on the scalp
- Irregular periods which include fewer than nine periods a year, no periods at all and periods with heavy bleeding
- Trouble getting pregnant or infertility
PCOS can affect
- blood sugar level
- heart problems
- can cause several types of pregnancy related complications
Effective Natural treatment for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(PCOS)
Fenugreek: Fenugreek is used for diabetes management , that makes it ideal for treating PCOS as well. It helps to prevent development of Type 2 diabetes in PCOS patients by optimizing glucose metabolism in the body which makes insulin receptors to operate normally. By regulating glucose metabolism, it can help to prevent weight gain and overeating.
Flaxseed: Flaxseed is quite useful in polycystic ovary syndrome. Eating flaxseed decreases androgen levels in the body, which is essential for women who want to avoid hirsutism. It also stimulates the production of sex hormone binding globulin, which binds with testosterone in the bloodstream, that helps to prevent its impact on other body parts.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is helpful in PCOS as it helps by reducing insulin resistance and make blood sugar behavior back to normal.
Spearmint Tea: Spearmint tea contain some active ingredients that can reduce total testosterone levels, and inhibit follicle-stimulating hormone. Thus, it helps with that unwanted atypical growth of facial and body hair. It is directly linked to the treatment of hirsutism.
Licorice: Licorice is useful in polycystic ovary syndrome from a number of different ways. Research has shown active ingredients in licorice inhibits a key enzyme necessary for testosterone production. Furthermore, licorice root can help to stimulate menstruation and it detoxifies the liver, which is closely connected to hormonal imbalance.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is positively correlated with regular menstrual cycles and an increase in insulin sensitivity, which make it useful remedy for PCOS.
Broccoli: Broccoli contain more chromium than any other food source. This helps to optimize the blood sugar level and insulin; also prevent the onset of diabetes as a side effect of polycystic ovary syndrome.
Spinach: Spinach and other dark, leafy green vegetables are full of nutrients, including vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium, all of which are directly linked to treating the symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome. Calcium has been shown to improve menstrual regularity, magnesium improves insulin sensitivity, and vitamin D optimizes BMI, helping to prevent weight gain.
Salmon: Oily fishes like Salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which can make effective home remedy for PCOS. Research related to essential fatty acids has shown reduction in testosterone levels and a return to a normal menstruation cycle in women suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome. It is also good for heart health and eliminate bad cholesterol. As, PCOS affects the heart health. Including salmon and omega-3s in diet can be a great help.
Apart from all these home remedies, make essential lifestyle changes.
- Eat a well balanced diet
- Make exercise or any physical activity regular in your lifestyle.
- Maintain healthy weight. If, overweight try to lose weight.
- Quit smoking
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.
- Uncategorized2018.01.0510 Best food to eat for cellulite removal
- Diet2018.01.04Eat 7 best food to remove bloating, gases, swelling or excess fluids from body
- Health2018.01.037 Best foods to eat for anemia | increase red blood count | iron deficiency
- Eye health2018.01.0210 Best food to eat for healthy eyes | improve eyesight naturally + eye care tips