Eating a cup of black beans is high in protein, and has many nutritious health benefits including prevention from cancer, good for nerve system, useful in diabetes, and food to eat during pregnancy as it helps in proper development of brain and spinal cord of the fetus.
Nutrition benefits of Black beans
- The biological name of black beans is Phaseolus vulgaris.
- A 100 gram of black bean has about 341 calories.
- It contain
proteins, water, dietary fiber, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Fatty Acids, vitamins(Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Choline) and minerals( Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium).
- It is also known as Alubias negras (Spanish).
Health Benefits of eating Black Beans
The dark black beans are highly nutritious and rich in powerful antioxidants likel flavonoids, anthocyanins. A cup of black bean fulfill about half the recommended daily requirement of fiber which helps to lower bad cholestrol, stabilizes blood sugar and prevent free radical damage on the cells.
Oxidative stress is one of the prime reason which results in diabetes mellitus, which damages beta cells and results into high blood sugar or hyperglycemia. Including black bean in diet has found to be effective in controlling excess of sugar in blood stream by inhibiting oxidative stress induced damage to the pancreas.
Including black bean products is an effective step for cancer prevention. Studies has found allomelanins, which belong to the melanins produced by black bean suppress the growth of malignant cells. In another study , germinated sprouts of black bean has great anti-cancer properties that are rich in saponins and flavonols which are effective against hepatic and colon cancer.
Good for nerves
Black beans are rich source of folate or folic acid, that plays a key role in the regulation of certain amino acids required by the nervous system. A diet rich in folate helps to reduce homocysteine levels, which can prevent many neurodegenerative diseases like stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Food for pregnancy
Folate, in black beans, is highly beneficial for pregnant women which help in the proper development of the fetus’s brain and spinal cord.
Best way to eat black bean
Wash and soak the black beans in the water for few hours. Discard the soaked water and cook properly.
By soaking beans in the water, phytic acid, oligosaccharide that enhance digestion, and get rid of phytates and tannins responsible to lower nutrient absorption.
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.
- Uncategorized2018.01.0510 Best food to eat for cellulite removal
- Diet2018.01.04Eat 7 best food to remove bloating, gases, swelling or excess fluids from body
- Health2018.01.037 Best foods to eat for anemia | increase red blood count | iron deficiency
- Eye health2018.01.0210 Best food to eat for healthy eyes | improve eyesight naturally + eye care tips