The cancer cells doesn’t spread overnight. According to statistics, the time taken by mutant cell to grow into a malignant tumor is on average for more than 30 years.
So, your every little healthy living habits play a role in preventing cancer or carcinogenesis. These 30 rules of healthy living aid in cancer prevention. Reduce the risk of getting cancer to minimum by forming these healthy habits.
8 kinds of cancer
1. pancreatic cancer
Eat less of “three high” food
Pancreatic cancer is closely related to the “three high” foods. So, avoid eating food that are “high-fat, high-protein, and high-sugar”.
It is recommended to add fresh vegetables and fruits to the diet. In general, we must eliminate overeating and reduce the burden on the pancreas.
2. Intestinal cancer
Eat more vegetables and less meat
Eating more meat increase the burden on the stomach. This in turn reduces the speed of gastrointestinal motility. Furthermore, it slow down the decomposition of food, and food will stay in the intestines for longer period of time then usual. All this contribute to difficulty in defecation, accumulation of toxins in the body, and increased risk of intestinal cancer.
To prevent bowel cancer, it is best to eat more fruits and vegetables. Keep healthy bowel movement and adopt healthy eating habits to cure constipation.
3. Oral cancer
Say no to alcohol and tobacco
The World Cancer Research Fund reports that more than 40% of oral cancers are related to alcohol. Smoking is the culprit of oral cancer in people under the age of 40 years. In addition, chewing betel nut often increases the risk of oral cancer.
So, avoid these bad habits to reduce the risk of oral cancer.
4. Lung cancer
Avoid high temperature cooking
Avoid fried food and cooking methods that uses high-temperature. Heating the oil at high temperature produce large amount of carcinogens. In addition, many kitchens have poor ventilation, which increase the risk of lung cancer after inhalation of toxic fumes.
It is recommended to use steamed, boiled, stewed, braised and other low-temperature cooking methods.
5. Stomach cancer
Avoid eating leftover foods
Eating leftovers food is the most regretful living habit found in many patients with stomach cancer. Also, consuming excessive salted product like picked food can cause stomach cancer. Because pickled foods often contain nitrite, which is a strong carcinogen.
It is recommended to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat less salted food, moldy food and leftovers. Pay special attention to vegetables that are marinated for less than 1 month.
6. Esophageal cancer
like spicy food
Eating too hot, spicy food, and drinking is an important reason for the high incidence of esophageal cancer. High-temperature foods can damage the esophageal mucosa,which causes esophageal blisters, ulcers, and hemorrhage in severe cases. Repeatedly, it can induce cancer.
The most suitable eating temperature for people is around 10~40 °C. Eating food that is too hot, can burn the esophageal mucosa. This continuous stimulation can cause the esophageal mucosa to proliferate and mutate. Finally, results in cancer.
7. Breast cancer
High fat and high calorie diet
Women who like to eat high-fat, high-calorie foods such as fried foods and processed meat products are at higher risk of breast cancer.
8. Liver cancer
Moldy food and moisture
Some people has a habit of eating the good part of food and throwing moldy part away. Instead of throwing whole moldy food away. This way of eating can cause liver cancer. Aflatoxin, found in moldy food can cause liver cancer. Some of the food that are prone to developing molds include peanuts, rice, corn, and nuts.
It is recommended to store food properly. Once the food has deteriorated, even if it has only mild fungus or mold. Just thrown away the entire food. If you eat a bitter and nutritious nut, you should quickly spit it out and gargle immediately.
30 Anti-cancer habits
1. Get sunlight every day for 10 to 15 minutes. Only a few days a week, for about 10 to 15 minutes of sunshine can help body to achieve benefits of vitamin D.
2. Eat an orange every day. Orange helps to kill the H pyloric strain that causes peptic ulcer disease and stomach cancer.
3. Do a colonoscopy. Don’t accept digital fecal occult blood test as final, as 95% of the cancers slip through this test.
4. Eat broccoli. Numerous studies have shown that broccoli helps protect against ovarian cancer, stomach cancer, lung cancer, bladder cancer and colorectal cancer.
5. Ask an experienced doctor to check the mammogram.
6. Drink more non-cheerful coffee. Drinking 2 or more cups of decaffeinated coffee a day can reduce the risk of rectal cancer by 52%.
7. Minus 10 pounds of weight. Among all cancer patients, 20% of women and 14% of men are overweight.
8. Eat bananas. Women who consume 4 to 6 bananas with antioxidant properties per week can reduce the risk of kidney cancer by 54% compared with those who do not.
9. When you get naked, check your entire skin of the body. Because the size and color of sputum, scars and freckles all mean a certain kind of skin cancer.
10. Eat diet as light as possible. Excessive salt and salted food may increase the incidence of gastric cancer. Each person should not eat more than 5 grams of salt per day. Pay special attention to the “invisible salt” around you. For example, potato chips, instant noodles in supermarket food, braised dishes, stews, soups etc.
11. Pay attention to pain. If you have abdominal swelling, pelvic pain and urgency, you should go to the hospital. These symptoms may be a sign of ovarian cancer.
12. Daily intake of calcium helps to protect the colon.
13.Exercise daily for minimum of 30 minutes. The best way to fight cancer is to exercise for at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes.
14. Exposure to smog can also cause lung cancer and increase the risk of uterine cancer by 40%.
15. Eat low-sugar index foods. It is best to eat less white flour bread. The lack of dietary fiber in food is one of the important reasons for the increase of cancer patients in recent years. The finer the processing, greater the loss of dietary fiber.
16. Let the gene undergo a screen checkup. If you have a family history of cancer, you should consult a doctor.
17. Carefully check the breast. X-ray films or MRI examinations were performed with an accuracy of 40% and 77%, respectively. Combining these two methods, increases the accuracy of detecting tumors up to 94%.
18. Adapt scientific way of cooking food. High temperature roasting can form a carcinogenic compound “heterocyclic amine”.
19. Clean the room for physical activity. Postmenopausal women gain physical activity in housework, which reduces the incidence of breast cancer by 30%.
20. Eat some garlic. Garlic can fight cancer. In order to preserve the potential anti-cancer effect of garlic, the garlic should be chopped and placed for consumption.
21. Prevent contact with cockroaches. Hemorrhoids are the second leading cause of lung cancer and often lie in metal hardware.
22. Lycopene rich foods are consumed after heating. Red fruits such as watermelons, tomatoes, and light red grapes contain lycopene, a substance that has been shown to have potent anti-cancer properties. Cook lycopene rich food slightly as it get easily absorbed by the body in this way.
23. Reject the smoked sausage. Eating smoked sausages daily can increase the risk of bladder cancer by 67%.
24. Eat fruit salad to enhance anti-cancer function.
25. Eat multi-leaf vegetables. Multi-leaf vegetables contain a large amount of B-vitamin folic acid, which has the effect of reducing colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer and breast cancer.
26. Eat tomatoes regularly. The lowest lycopene content in the blood contribute to the highest risk of rectal and colon cancer. Lycopene is a chemical that adds red color to tomatoes and has anti-cancer effects.
27. Eat more beans. Women who ate beans at least twice a week had a 24% lower risk of developing breast cancer than those who seldom consumed.
28. Eat wild fishes like Sardines, which contain vitamin B6. If, consumed together with dark-green leafy vegetables that are rich in folic acid can help to reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer by 39%.
29. Add some vinegar to the oil when cooking. Mixing vinegar with olive oil helps prevent breast cancer, and oleic acid in olive oil can greatly reduce the amount of genes that cause cancer.
30. Add some citrus peel when cooking. The limonene contained in it reduces the incidence of skin cancer by 34%.
Read about other interesting fruits
Read about herbs and spices