Including Celery in your diet can not only help to get rid of edema, can also reduce the accumulation of fat and accelerate fat metabolism, blood pressure and even effective against colorectal cancer. It is effective anti-cancer food to be included in diet.
Celery nutrition facts
Celery is low in calories, just a medium stalk of celery approximately 8″ long (40 gm)has just 6 calories. Other nutrition facts of celery include
- Low in saturated fat and contain no cholesterol
- Very high in potassium, calcium and manganese
- Rich in dietary fiber
- Very high in Vitamin A, B6 and C
- High in magnesium, phosphorous and riboflavin
- Very high in sodium and sugar
Health benefits of celery
1. Celery aids weight loss
Celery is low in calories, just a medium stalk of celery approximately 8″ long (40 gm)has just 6 calories and rich in dietary fiber. So, next time you make any juice or smoothie add celery stalk for weight loss benefit.
2. Celery reduces inflammation
Celery is very high in potassium. Intake of potassium ions, can reduce joint swelling , gout, edema and acne.
3. Celery as sleeping and stress aid
Celery contains high levels of potassium, Vitamin A, B6 and C . All of these nutrients promote soothing effect on central nervous system. It is also rich magnesium which will help you to sleep better and promote muscle relaxation
4. Celery contain natural salt
Celery is high in sodium.
5. Celery as digestive aid
Celery is rich in soluble fiber which when digested form a thick protective barrier along the digestive track. This helps to prevent gastritis or any inflammation, constipation and regulate bowel movement.
6. Celery decrease blood pressure
Celery contains compound called phthalides which will help to relax arteries and promote better blood circulation. Celery has very high levels of potassium, calcium and manganese, all of which is associated to lower blood pressure. Hence, eating celery stalk can naturally help in hypertension management.
7. Celery as natural detoxifier and diuretic
Celery form a vital ingredient of detox diet. It act as a great detoxifying agent and helps to clean the colon from any excess or toxic buildup. The dietary fiber found in celery can inhibit the production of bad bacteria in the large intestine and regulate the alkaline level of the body.
8. Celery offer protection against cancer
Celery and carrots are rich in “luteolin” (Luteolin) can reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer, to clean up the stomach. Luteolin can inhibit angiogenesis helps to reduce cancer growth rate. In a study, Celery contain flavonoids that kill human pancreatic cancer cells. Another study reveled the use of celery against breast cancer.
9. Clean the mouth
Celery is rich in dietary fiber and can effectively remove food residues attached to the teeth. Thus, reducing the chances of suffering from tooth decay. Celery is rich in riboflavin which offers protection against mouth ulcer.
10. Celery boost sexual drive
Regular intake of raw celery in adequate amounts can increase the natural production of pheromones and thus act as libido booster.
11. Celery good for eyes
Celery is high in vitamin A and helps to protect eye vision and prevent vision from any age related degeneration .
12. Celery reduces menstrual discomfort
Women suffering from irregular mensuration can prepare fresh celery juice and drink it at least twice a day can help to induce periods without any discomfort.
13. Celery reduces bad cholesterol
Eating celery increases the bile acid secretion which helps to remove cholesterol from the body. Celery also contain butyl phthalide, and high level of potassium which helps to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.
Celery recipe ideas and tips
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.
- Health2017.10.18Banato / kamala proven benefits, uses and nutrition
- Health2017.07.31Sorghum jowar amazing proven nutritional health benefits uses
- Health2017.07.31Stevia- nutrition, proven benefits, uses, make stevia extract at home from fresh or dried leaves
- Uncategorized2017.07.29What does science says about Monkey tail uses and benefits?