Date palm fruit seeds or pits has many amazing medicinal properties. It helps to prevent kidney and liver against toxicity or damage, useful in diabetes, rich in antioxidants, prevent DNA damage and helps to fight various viral infections.
Date palm seeds nutrition facts
Health benefits of date palm seeds
Useful in treating blood sugar problems
Date seeds are found useful in treating blood sugar related problems, diabetes and its related complications.
According to a recent study date seeds has shown potential protective effects against early diabetic complications of both liver and kidney.
Prevent kidney and liver damage
Date seeds are rich in proanthocyanidins that helps to protect liver and kidney from damage.
A study states that proanthocyanidins-rich date seed extract protects against chemically induced kidney and liver toxicity.
Date seeds are rich in antioxidants and has antioxidants and free radical scavenging capabilities. It helps to protect the body against oxidative stress damage.
In a recent study, antioxidant potential of date seed protein hydrolysates could be used as a potential functional food ingredient for health promotion.
Another study found that Iranian date seeds are strong radical scavengers and can be considered as a good source of natural antioxidants for medicinal and commercial uses.
Prevent DNA damage
According to a study, date seeds has shown protective effect against chemically-induced liver damage and oxidative DNA damage. Date seeds provide protection against the liver intoxication, and this hepatoprotective effect might be attributed to the antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities.
Date seed act as antiviral agents against various pathogenic human viruses. It can be useful in treatment and prevention of many types of viral infections.
Study has shown that date pit extracts show a strong ability to inhibit the infectivity of Pseudomonas phage ATCC 14209-B1 and and completely prevented bacterial lysis.
How to make date seeds powder at home for various health benefits?
Wash the date seeds and let it dry completely. It may take up to 3 days to dry, depending on where do you live. Once it is dried completely, grind the date seeds and use in the manner as of coffee beans.
How to make date seed syrup at home?
Wash and soak the date seeds for 24 hours. Grind it with some water.
How to use date seed?
- Some people use date seeds as an additive to coffee.
- Add date syrup in to the warm water with lemon and drink as a tea or infused water.
- Try to make healthy bread spread. Just blend date syrup with honey or Jaggery. Use this instead of jam.
- Add date powder into your smoothies or juices.
- Add date palm seed powder into your baking dishes like cookies, cakes etc.
- Add date syrup while making the salad dressing for extra health benefits.
- Acupressure & Massage2017.10.27Knee pain acupressure point calf massage healing at home effective treatment to heal knee pain, swelling etc
- Diet2017.10.26Weight loss formula recipe from Traditional Chinese herbs that work
- Acupressure & Massage2017.10.25Acupuncture for weight loss does work, Science confirm
- Acupressure & Massage2017.10.20Essential oils for weight loss aromatherapy tips