Once you hear the term “Green tea” , the first thing that comes up in the mind is it helps in weight-loss. No wonder that’s why tea ceremony is one of the important tradition in Japan and China!
Dr. Nicholas Perricone claimed on Oprah Winfrey’s show that she could lose 10 pounds within 4-to-6 weeks just by drinking green tea instead of coffee.
In a research,a test where 10 men were given Green Tea, caffeine, or a placebo with breakfast, lunch, and dinner proves that the men who took green tea burned more fat than other groups.
Researches also shows one can burn up to 35-to-43% more fat during the whole day just by drinking 3-to-5 cups of green tea.
The University of Chicago’s Tang Center for Herbal Medical Research shows Green Tea reduces the fat deposits under your skin and the fat in your belly area too.
This weight loss happen by the process of Thermogenesis.
- Thermogenesis creates heat in the body which increases the metabolic rate.
- Catechins in Green Tea forces your body into thermogenesis – this is where your body burns fat or triglycerides for energy.
- The compound Epigallocatechine (EGCG) boosts the metabolic rate and lowers the appetite. Having two to four cups of tea also reduces the hunger instinct.
By drinking Green Tea
- It causes carbohydrates to be released slowly, preventing rises in blood sugar levels and this causes your body to burn fat.
- Green Tea prevents you from gaining weight by stopping the movement of sugar into your fat cells. Evidence shows that drinking green tea is related to reductions in body fat.
The benefits of drinking Green tea
- It increases metabolism which helps you to burn more fat
- It act as a mild appetite suppressant which makes you to eat less so weight loss become a natural process with drinking green tea
- It’s a diuretic that removes excess water weight from your body (which gives bloated body look)
- It protects the body against various forms of cancer (like colon, breast and skin ) by destroying the free radicals in the body. The compound EGCG is effective in reducing the development of unhealthy cells.
- It protects the heart and helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in a body. It helps in keeping healthy arteries by clearing out the blockage, thus preventing heart attacks
- It helps in improving the immunity levels of our body due to the presence of Polyphenols. It creates anti-bacterial properties in the blood which help in fighting against diseases naturally
- It protects the body against Arthritis. It helps in relieving the symptoms and decreases the pain caused by it
- It helps in keeping our brain healthy by reducing the chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. It helps in keeping the brain cells healthy and prevents the damage
- It helps in fighting allergies in our body by stopping the production of immunoglobulin-E and histamine.
- It prevents aging and reduces the percentage of cell oxidation thereby prevents the formation of wrinkles and younger looking skin.
Some people find that green tea tastes bitter but the fact is it depends on the quality of green tea that they are consuming.
- Always use better quality green tea so it won’t taste bitter
- Never boil the water in an aluminum kettle, or steep the tea in an aluminum container as it can ruin the taste
- Let the water cool before pouring it onto the tea leaves
Method to prepare Green tea
- Boil a cup of water and allow it to cool down for about 2-3 minutes
- then pour it into tea leaves or dip the tea bag in to the water
- allow it for another 2-3 minutes and enjoy your green tea 🙂
You can add honey to sweeten it and lemon juice to get more benefits.
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.
- Uncategorized2018.01.0510 Best food to eat for cellulite removal
- Diet2018.01.04Eat 7 best food to remove bloating, gases, swelling or excess fluids from body
- Health2018.01.037 Best foods to eat for anemia | increase red blood count | iron deficiency
- Eye health2018.01.0210 Best food to eat for healthy eyes | improve eyesight naturally + eye care tips