Some of health benefits of moringa seeds include improving hair, skin, bone health, reducing blood pressure, boost immune system and helps you sleep better.
What are Moringa seeds ?
These are seeds from the pods of the drumstick tree, scientifically known as Moringa Oleifera.
Dried moringa seeds get harden like beans. Fresh seeds or dried moringa seeds are edible and usually cooked like in curries.
Nutritional value of Moringa seeds
Each pod has about 10 and 35 seeds.
A cup of seeds contain about 40 calories.
They rich in various antioxidans like flavonois and polyphenols.
Moringa seeds seeds are a rich source of iron, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, amino acids, and dietary fiber.
Intake of 3 grams of moringa seeds for medicinal benefits.
Different ways to eat Moringa seeds
- Roast or puff them like popcorn for healthy snack
- Dried seeds can be cooked in to stews, soups, curries.
- Can be steam boiled and then blended with other herbs to make sauces, pesto or chutneys.
Benefits of Moringa seeds
Moringa seeds has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-aging properties. It helps to regulate cholesterol, prevent erectile dysfunction, and improve heart, brain, liver, and eye health. These seeds also help treat ulcers, joint pain, and improve digestion.
1.Boost immune system
Many studies have found that these seeds have natural antimicrobial and antiviral properties, rich in vitamin C, as well as various antioxidants that can boost the defense system of the body.
2. Helps you sleep better
Moringa seeds are one of best and popular natural supplement that promote better sleep.
According to studies, people who steep moringa seeds in water for 15 minutes and then drink the water before bed have a more restful sleep, and feel more energized in the morning.
3. Helps to lose weight
They are high in dietary fiber. It helps to lower your craving and gives the sense of fullness, which reduces munching time. This is why moringa seeds are widely used as weigh loss supplement too.
4. Maintain blood pressure
Morinaga seeds are rich in potassium, which relaxes the bloodvessels and relieve strain from the entire cardiovascular system.
5. Regulate blood sugar
They are rich in zinc, which helps to regulate blood sugar levels and lower the risk of diabetes.
6. Boost energy levels of the body
As moringa seeds are excellent source of protein and carbohydrates. It helps to energize your body and brain.
It is rich source of Iron, that will help to boost circulation and prevent the symptoms of anemia.
8. Skin beauty and hair care
Moringa seeds can be used externally in face mask or hair mask.
It helps to increase the strength of the hair and helps in many hair problems like hair fall, premature graying of hair etc.
Side effects of eating Moringa seeds
Avoid eating them in excess, it may lead to Nausea, vomiting, or Gastrointestinal discomfort.
Read about other interesting fruits
Read about herbs and spices
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.
- Diet2019.01.2830 Cancer prevention tips that every one should know
- Diet2019.01.273 Best ways to eat vegetable for more nutrition without killing healthy enzymes
- Beauty2019.01.26Eat more pumpkin for youthful glowing skin (Anti-aging diet)| Benefits & recipe
- Beauty2019.01.26Banana honey beauty recipe for soft glowing skin