There are numerous proven health benefits of eating okra like anti-ulcer, useful in controlling diabetes, good for liver, improving digestion and more. For complete detail on okra vegetable check the following article
Can drinking orkra water helps in controlling diabetes?
Many people are reporting the benefits of drinking okra water can be a new cure for diabetes.
Well, in terms of clinical studies published in Journal of Pharmacy and Bio-allied Sciences revealed that the peel and seeds of okra plant have anti-diabetic properties.
In this study a solution of water with okra soaked is given to the diabetic rats and seems it did helped bring down blood sugar levels.
More clinical research need to be done to confirm if the okra water works for human beings too. There are no evidence yet but it’s a worth trying natural remedies as there is no harm in it.
The okra water has slimy texture and nutritious too. Rich in many minerals and vitamin like magnesium, folate, and vitamins A and C.
So here is the recipe to make healthy nutritious okra water at home easily.
Ingredients Required :
- 4-5 fresh okra pods medium-sized
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of black pepper
- Salt (optional)
Step by step method on how to make okra water at home
- Wash 4-5 medium-sized okra pods thoroughly.
- Cut both ends of the pods, and slice them in half.
- Boil a cup of water and let it cool down. Then immersed the sliced okra pods in to it
- Keep the pods soaked in water for at least 8 hours. Also you can extend the duration of soaking okra pods in to the water for up to 24 hours.
- After soaking okra pods in to water for at least 12 to 24 hours then squeeze the okra pods to release the leftover sap into the water. You can throw the pods away once you done squeezing it.
- Drink the nutrient-rich okra water drink. Optionally, you can also season the drink with salt and pepper.
Another Recipe of making okra water at home
What is the right time to take okra water?
Read about other interesting fruits
Read about herbs and spices