Some of the health benefits of eating Zucchini include weight loss, promote eye health, anti-inflammatory, asthma, reduces risk of heart attacks, strokes and atherosclerosis.
Nutritional value of Zucchini
- Zucchini (Cucurbita pepo) is a summer squash and also know as courgette.
- It is also known as CalabacÃn (Spanish), Abobrinha (Portugese), Courgette (French), Pipino (Filipino), Cuketa (Czech), Tori/Turai (Hindi), Peerkan kai (Tamil), Oru pachakkari (Malayalam), Beera Kaaya (Telugu), Turiya, Ghisoda (Gujarati), Jhinge, Jhinga (Bengali), Dodke, Shira?e (Marathi), Janhhi (Oriya), Turai (Urdu), Tori (Punjabi).
- A 100 gram of zucchini contain 16 calories.
- It is rich in water, protein, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Fatty Acids, Vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Choline) and minerals (Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium)
Zucchini can be eaten raw, steamed, roasted, or sauteed. Including zucchini in diet helps to boost energy and improve overall health.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is rich in powerful antioxidants and nutrients, which not only helps to overcome deficiency of those vitamins, minerals but also protect body from free radicals or oxidative stress damage.
Aid in weight loss
Zucchini is extremely low in calorie, rich in dietary fiber and contains high water content. Adding zucchini in diet meal helps to keep stomach full for long time and helps to loose weight.
Hydrates the body
Zucchini contain water in high amount which can contribute towards daily water intake level and hydrates the body at the same time.
People who take aspirin often develop gastric ulcer. Studies has found consuming zucchini has protective and anti-ulcerogenic effect to the stomach and duodenum.
The dietary fiber present in zucchini promote healthy regular bowel movement, helps to prevent constipation, relieves bloating and eliminate carcinogen toxins from the body.
Consuming zucchini along with peel has higher polyphenols, flavonoids and ascorbic acid levels. Studies has found it potentially effective anti-diabetic property.
Promote prostate health
The phytonutrients found in zucchini helps in reducing the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BOH), a condition in which the prostate gland enlarges in an odd shape and size, which can cause complications with urination and sexual functions in men.
Good for eye health
Zucchini is rich in folate, that boost metabolism, promote protein and nucleic acid metabolism. These are vital for cell growth and tissue maintenance.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Zucchini is rich in dietary fiber, minerals like magnesium and potassium, that helps to lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of arteriosclerosis (blood vessel damage), heart attack, and many other serious health conditions.
Good for heart health
Zucchini is rich in various nutrients like magnesium, which helps to reduce the risk of heart attack and strokes to a great extent. Also, folate present in zucchini helps to eliminate an unsafe metabolic byproduct called homocysteine, which can result in heart attacks and strokse if the levels rise too high.
Studies has shown positive result in inhibiting cancer cells like colon.
Promote optimum health
Zucchini is nutrient dense food which contains variety of poly-phenolic antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which are essential to protect the body from aging, illness, and disease.
- Unbiased Scientific Evidence base research for holistic health and wellness through everything natural.