Try this quick Chai tea latte recipe and enjoy this healthy antioxidants rich beverage at home. It is an aromatic, creamy beverage that contains traditionally many Asian herbs and spices. So, if you are chai lover and getting bore of same chai recipe then spice up your tea. It is perfect and healthy blend of spices, tea and milk.
How to Make Chai Tea Latte at home
- 2 cups water
- 2 bags black tea
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp allspice ground
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chai tea
- 3/4 cup milk whole preferrable (can substitute with which ever milk you use plant based vegan or animal based dairy)
- Bring all the spices and water to boil in a saucepan and mix the spices with the help of a spoon. Allow the spices to steep for 5 minutes.
- Now, bring the water to boil again and add black tea bags and maple syrup to it. Turn off the heat once the water is boiled.
- Let the tea steep in water and spices for 5 minutes and then strain the tea using a fine mesh strainer.
- You can use 1/2 cup of chai tea for your latte and save the rest for up to 2 weeks for your next tea party!
- For making the latte, bring the milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon to a boil in a saucepan.
- Keep stirring the mixture and turn off the heat once you see bubbles in the milk.
- Now, use an immersion blender and blend the milk until it becomes frothy.
- Now that both your chai tea and latte are ready, you are just one step away from the delicious chai tea latte.
- Add half a cup of chai tea in a mug and the pour the frothy milk in it. Stir it with a spoon and there you are, with your chai tea latte!
Honey makes for a great sweetener if you do not have any maple syrup at home.
For making an iced chai tea latte, just freeze the beverage for a while. You can add ice cubes to the latte too.
Read about herbs and spices