Covid-19 triple mutant strain
Covid-19 triple mutant virus is the new variant of covid-19 virus strain recently found in India. It is also referred as “Bengal strain”as it is first detected in West Bengal, India. Scientifically, this strain is referred as B.1.618.
This “Covid-19 triple mutant strain” is made up of three mutations of a virus then combined to form a new variant. These three mutations are:
- A deletion and two changes in spike protein
- Deletion of H146 and Y145
- Mutation in E484K and D614G in spike protein
Expert says this strain is highly infectious and changes it’s nature or structure based on the scale of transmission. In general, as Covid-19 triple mutant virus spreads then it will mutate more. This strain is highly transmissible and may escape certain immune barriers.
Since, this particular strain can escape immunity barriers and invade the immune system. The efficacy of Covid-19 vaccinate may be compromised.
So be sure to be highly cautious and follow the Covid-19 safety measures diligently.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Alternatively, use alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Maintain one-meter distance while interacting with others.
- Regularly clean your phone, spectacles, wheelchair, crutch, hearing-aids, or other assistive devices.
- Make sure you and your caregiver wash your hands before and after assistance.
- If you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms like cough, fever etc then stay home.
If, you experience initial symptoms like cough, fever, and/ or breathlessness get medical guidance. Contact your local health department.
Symptoms of Covid-19
|Shortness of breath||Sometimes||Not observed||Not observed|
|Sneezing||Not observed||Not observed||Frequent|
Covid-19 diet plan
Boost your immunity naturally. You must include these food list to improve your immune system.
Covid-19 immunity booster diet
|Vitamin/ Minerals||Food sources||Function|
|Vit A||Sweet potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, spinach, black-eye peas, mangoes||Helps regulate our immune response|
|Vit B6||Green vegetables, chickpeas, cold-water fish like tuna or salmon||Support mire efficient reactions between different parts of the immune systems|
|Vit C||Broccoli, cantaloupe, oranges, kale, strawberries, Indian gooseberry, tomatoes, guava||Protect cells from oxidation stress, infections/ chronic inflammation|
|Vit E||Nuts, seeds, wheat germ, green leafy vegetables, avocado||Helps protect cells from oxidative stress|
|Iron||Lentils, spinach, tofu, white beans||Aids in non-specific immunity, the body's first line of defense|
|Zinc||Lean meats, seafood, milk, whole grains, beans, seeds and nuts.||Important for wound healing|
Make sure you eat a well-balanced diet everyday. Eat home cooked healthy meal full of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, protein and anti-oxidants to boost your immune system and reduces the risk of chronic illnesses or infections.
While preparing food make sure you wash your hands before and after cooking/ eating.
Read about other interesting fruits
Read about herbs and spices