Does eating yogurt make you lose weight? Yes, eating yogurt benefits weight loss. How to eat yogurt for weight loss? Try this weight loss recipe.
What is the best yogurt to eat for weight loss? Which one to eat – homemade yogurt, Greek yogurt, unsweetened yogurt, natural plain yogurt, nonfat Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt or goat milk yogurt?
There are many types of yogurt available in the market. But which one is the healthiest yogurt for weight loss? How to eat yogurt to lose weight? Lets find out.
As, we know dairy products are rich in calcium, which promotes bone health and prevent osteoporosis. But there are additional benefits of eating yogurt daily.
Benefits of eating yogurt
- A 100 gm of yogurt provides 7% of protein, 12 % of calcium, 4% of zinc, 4% of potassium, 9% of phosphorous, 8 % of riboflavin, 6% of vitamin b12, 4% of pantothenic acid and 2% of vitamin A daily requirement.
- Helps to lower hypertension.
- Prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Boost immune system.
- Improve oral and reproductive health.
- Good for bone health.
- Curbs hunger and helps in weight loss.
There is no doubt that yogurt benefits weight loss. Studies has found the link between intake of calcium with obesity. People with high calcium intakes were significantly less obese. The source of the calcium came mainly from dairy products.
In general, people who eat calcium rich diet plays an import role in prevention of obesity. It is important to note that dairy products are not weight lose pills, they do contain calories and other nutrients. Eating excess of dairy products can contribute to weight gain too. Moderation is the key. But, eating yogurt is different than other dairy products.
When you want to follow yogurt diet for weight loss, follow the below precautions for best weight loss results.
- Do not use sweetened or flavored yogurt.
- Homemade plain yogurt is best for weight loss. So, when you are preparing the yogurt at home make sure to not to heat the milk at high temperature. As, it will kill the lactic acid bacteria and can cause low or no fermentation. Also, avoid heating the milk in the microwave or oven due to uneven distribution of heat. Stir the milk while boiling and use the right temperature of milk to set the yogurt at home.
- I have seen people using insulated vessels for fermentation like rice cooker. Do not use the insulation of the rice cooker or any for fermentation, because the temperature of insulation is too high. But if you have to use it then keep the rice cooker powered off. But, if you want to make yogurt in winter, you can easily ferment in the porcelain container.
- For best fermentation, use porcelain or glass container with lid or cover. However, hard plastic container or cups can also be used but it’s quality won’t be that great. While lid is very important, as lactic acid bacteria need anaerobic environment to start the fermentation.
- Healthy bacteria found in yogurt are unstable in nature. Therefore, it needs proper arrangement to make yogurt at home. Otherwise occasionally it leads to fermentation failure.
You can also use Greek Yogurt Maker with Ultra Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainer
Try this easy yogurt weight loss recipe.
Read more tips on weight loss here More weight loss articles
Oatmeal and yogurt weight loss recipe
You will need:
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1/4 th of cup raw oats
- 1 tablespoon of grounded flax seeds
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt or homemade plain yogurt
- 1 cup of water or almond milk
Blend them all and enjoy your healthy breakfast smoothie.
Read about other interesting fruits
Read about herbs and spices