Metabolism and weight loss are closely related to each other. Performing following workout daily for atleast 1 minute can effectively enhance basal metabolic rate that aid in weight loss. The number of calories that a body uses to carry out basic functions (like breathing, circulating blood, adjusting hormone levels, and growing and repairing cells) is known as your basal metabolic rate. Yet everyone’s basal metabolic rate is not the same.
Factors that influence individual basal metabolic basal rate include-
- Body size – People with larger body or more muscles burns more calories, even at rest.
- Gender or sex – Men usually have less body fat and more muscle than do women of the same age and weight, burns more calories.
- Age – As one get older, the amount of muscle tends to decrease and fat accounts for more of body weight, slows down calorie burning.
- Thermogenesis or Food processing – Digestion, transport and storing the food one consume also takes calories. It contributes about 100 to 800 of the calories used each day. Mostly, individual body’s energy requirement to process food stays relatively steady and doesn’t easily change.
- Physical activity – Physical activity and exercises are most contributing factor that determine how many calories does individual burn each day.
1 Minute exercise workout to boost metabolism and weight loss at home
Lift one thigh parallel to the floor. While raising the thigh, swing both arms substantial. Keeping knees up will help to burn more calories.
1. Use correct posture and do not bend back.
2. Compared to the speed of the swing, rhythm is more important. Repeat the movement with the same speed for 1 minute.
1. Refer above picture, keep head to heel in a straight line showing in the picture. Place hands under the shoulders, the head to the heel presented in a straight line.
POINT: Avoid shoulder and wrist weight burden.
2. Switching left foot so that the knees bent close to the chest. Jump around with rhythmic interaction. Pay attention to breathing, keep breathing naturally. Repeat it for 1 minute.